Thursday, October 04, 2007

Some REALLY exciting news...

I was recently selected by Pixar animator, Stephen Gregory, to be part of a private tutoring program, where 4 or 5 lucky animators will be tutored, one on one, for six weeks by Stephen.

I feel extremely lucky, and honored to be part of this opportunity, and I thank Stephen for sharing his expertise, and for choosing me to be a part of it. This is really an exciting and amazing opportunity for me and I am looking forward to learning from him, and I wish the best for the others who were selected as well.

Stephen has worked in the industry for over 10 years, and has worked on every Pixar film since "A Bug's Life." Before that he worked at Sierra-Online, and he also teaches classes at, I believe, the Academy of Art in San Fran.

4 comments:

mikecarloooyeah said...

thats badass Dan, do you have to move for this? Tell us more. COngrats

Dan said...

Thanks Mike...

I won't have to move. It will all be done over the web with a webcam, but if I had lived in SF I would have been meeting with him in person.

Basically for 6 weeks we'll meet online for an hour a week, and go over 2 or 3 assignments that are planned out for me.

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Too bad you don't get to visit the Bay Area--that is where I am from, it is beautiful there and I miss it.

Hope you are allowed to post your assignments--how exciting!!!!

Bobby Pontillas said...

Woohoo!

Hey has he contacted you yet? I mean after the initial acceptance message?